We have an excellent opportunity for a Pipeline Technician, with previous experience in the UK gas industry, to join our team providing operations and maintenance for a major gas distribution network across Yorkshire & the North East of UK. Reporting to our Pipeline Supervisor, this role will support our client’s maintenance & investment department in meeting detailed policy & procedures in line with industry standards whilst building enduring and positive relationships with customers & key stakeholders.
- Ensuring all sites are planned & prepared in readiness for works commencing and guaranteeing the right people are in the right place at the right time.
- Managing the impact of the maintenance team’s activities to meet Health, Safety & Environment objectives. Maintaining a positive personal and team safety ethos, fulfilling obligations under SCO/STC and ensuring a proactive approach for self- development.
- Providing evidence & guidance to third parties working in the vicinity of client’s high-pressure pipelines & conducting pipeline integrity assessments in line with P11 & VSO2.
- Liaising with landowners & land agents to establish working relationships for the understanding of requirements associated with pipelines crossing their land.
- Responding to 3rd parties such as land agents, owners & developers working near the client’s buried assets. Advising on safe working practices in accordance with SSW22.
- Reacting to aerial sightings associated with potential pipeline infringements reported by client’s 3rd party helicopter patrol.
- Identifying & escalating areas of concern where pipeline integrity may be compromised and providing assurances and explanations to clients and to us.
- Working in line with Safe Working Practices in accordance with PSSR/PSR, G17 and OLI/4.
Knowledge / Experience (Skills):
- Solid background and experience within the oil/gas or energy industry.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to operate individually and as part of a team, whilst working and communicating effectively with key stakeholder groups and 3rd party suppliers.
- A sound understanding of the standards and legislation applicable to the UK gas industry.
- C&G/NVQ Level 3 and SCO 1-5 credentials are required.
- EUSR Gas Safety passport for AGI’s would be desirable.
- Some recognised training or qualifications in Health, Safety & Environment.
- A relevant condition monitoring qualification, e.g. P11 / VS02 is desirable.
- An understanding of Cathodic Protection.
- Knowledge and understanding of TD1 v5.