Our client is a leading oil & gas midstream pipeline company and are looking for a HR Assistant to join their Human Resources Team.
- Manages and participates in District recruitment for hourly, clerical, technical and management positions.
- Coordinates summer student staffing.
- Client Support - initial contact for client group - provides Employee Relations/Labour Relations
- information, expertise and interpretation of HR policies, programs and collective agreements.
- Responds to day to day inquiries, general correspondence and data tracking.
- Confidential administrative support to HR Advisory Services, District Manager, and local management team.
- Maintains data and information for Employee and Labour Relations, Salary Administration and employee files.
- Monitors and manages the Illness Absence Program for the District; acts as a liaison with Health Services.
- Acts as Delegate for Managers for all Manager Self Service transactions.
- Organizes and works with employees regarding the annual Choices Benefits enrolment/re-enrolment.
- Provides administrative support during the grievance process or investigative meetings on an "as needed" basis.
- Responsible for data analysis and research.
- Presents/supports the roll out of HR Advisory Services initiatives to Management and employees.
- Monitors and receives communication in absence of managers and ensures appropriate response and follow up.
- Organizes meetings and presentations both internally and externally.
- Supports and participates in various internal committees, teams and initiatives.
- District Retirees.
- Special projects and assignments.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a Human Resources, administrative or related field of study or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in administrative support role, preferably in an HR Department.
- Demonstrated ability in managing administrative procedures with emphasis on detail orientation and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in an environment of trust and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an effective team.
- Demonstrated organizational/time management skills.
- High level of analytical, problem solving, decision-making and results oriented skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite specifically advanced Excel.
- Human Resources Certificate/Program or CHRP.
- Three to five years' experience in an HR Department administrative support role.
- Working knowledge of employment related legislation including Employment Standards Act, as well as Payroll and benefit administration.
- Experience within a unionized environment, including collective agreement interpretation, grievance coordination and internal/external recruitment.
- Exposure to HRIS systems, ideally SAP and Oracle, an asset.
- Some overnight travel may be required for meetings.
- Periodic overtime required.
- External recruitment concurrent.