Our client, a major manufacturing business based North of Blackpool is currently recruiting a Senior HSE Advisor to be based on their COMAH site on a permanent basis.
About the role:
Reporting to the SHE Manage the successful candidate will be involved in the following duties as part of general SHE Advisory work during the day to day operations of a busy manufacturing site. This will include the following tasks:
What you will need:Essential:
- Accident/ Incident investigation
- Machinery Safety
- MOC – Management Of Change
- PTW – Permit To Work
- Process Safety - HAZOP
- Behavioural Safety
- Certificate level qualifications in Occupational Health Safety and Environmental Management
- Detailed understanding of relevant current and impending Safety, Health and Environment legislation
- Proven track record of successfully generating KPIs, monitoring against them and working with stakeholders to make improvements.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Experience and knowledge of co-ordinating independent investigations, evidence gathering, resolution and reporting.
- Practical and pragmatic - addressing issues with a proactive, proportionate and measured approach
- Ability to set, guide and influence a SHE agenda to a local client group.
- Ability to coach and support site management and supervisors to ensure requirements understood/met.
- Diploma level SHE qualifications
- Science or Engineering degree
- Relevant experience working in related industry environments – process industries – chemical, O&G, pharmaceutical, would consider other with good machinery safety experience
- Experience of inspections and audits
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to work for a major UK Manufacturing business invested in staff development
- Competitive Salary and package