I am looking for a BIM Engineer to join an international family run business with over 100 years in the construction industry. The company carry out work across all commercial sectors. With a turnover of around £500 million, they have ambitious growth plans and an opportunity has arisen for a BIM Engineer to join their Midlands based team.
As BIM Engineer you will manage the externally produced, BIM models from pre-contract stage through project delivery and handover phase and Support the design management and planning teams, to ensure the delivery of fully coordinated 3D and 4D BIM models. Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate must have at least 3 years' experience in the construction industry, you will be degree qualified in a construction related role. You must understand Design and Build contracts. You will have a good working knowledge of building regulations and planning permission procedures. The role will include 1/2 days on the road per fortnight to support 2 of our projects. I am looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience in delivering BIM on multidisciplinary projects. Having some sort of 4D experience is essential for this role.
Software Knowledge Required
- Manage the BIM models from pre-contract stage through project delivery and handover phase.
- Support the design management and planning teams to ensure the delivery of fully coordinated 3D and 4D BIM models.
- Support planning team with validation and reviewing of the project programme in a fully coordinated 4D environment.
- Provide hands-on training and workshops for regional staff and project teams if required.
CDE and Infield platforms: Knowledge of working in a CDE such as ProjectWise and Viewpoint 4P and applications such as Autodesk 360, Viewpoint, etc.
- Autodesk Revit: Comprehensive knowledge in developing, editing and publishing 3D BIM models and components.
- Autodesk Navisworks: Comprehensive knowledge in production of NWD files to be used for navigation, clash detection and data validation of PIM.
- Autodesk AutoCAD: good knowledge in producing, editing and publishing 2D and 3D data.
- Synchro Pro: Sufficient knowledge in using synchro to be able to import & edit 3D Models, linking with programme and associated activities to produce fully coordinated 4D BIM Model.