To source all materials from China needed for any Plant in the Company domain and to develop alternate vendors globally for specific materials as per the business needs including execution of tendering, negotiating , contract finalisation , expediting and logistics coordination in order to optimise the costs by leveraging the world's most competitive supply chain's ensuring quality of materials and timely deliveries duly adhering to Company procedures and policies.
Key Accountability's Budget Management
- Support the Manager- Global sourcing in the preparation of the department's budget and based on the identified areas of unsatisfactory performance take actions to rectify it promptly ensuring that potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon.
- Supplier Identification and Management
- Identify and engage with suppliers across China and the rest of the world needed for sourcing of spares for Company operated Chinese assets as well as alternates for business identified materials and execute the sourcing process to ensure selection of the most appropriate and suitable supplier to guarantee optimised costs , right quality and uninterrupted supply of goods
- Coordinate the Pre-qualification of vendors with Vendor Development Officer based on the Company qualification criterion.
- Keep abreast of market information about suppliers, dealers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) etc. to develop good network of suppliers, who can be contacted for critical requirements.
- Support the Manager - Global sourcing to build strategic partnerships with OEM's in China to ensure that Company Is able to penetrate the China supply Chain up to the sub-component level.
- Continuously monitor the overall performance of the supplier by engaging with the end users to ensure that their performance is reviewed in a timely manner, issues are escalated and resolved and supplier performance rating and recommendations are updated for future reference.
- Develop a database of qualified suppliers in China for the spares requirement of Company operated Chinese assets up to the sub- component level for all Plants over the 5 year period to
- ensure timely selection of the most appropriate and suitable suppliers to cater to any requirement arising out of the Plants.
- Develop a database of qualified suppliers for alternate sourcing of materials as per the business needs. Sourcing
- Liaise with the business, Manager - Global sourcing and other internal stakeholders, to understand their requirements for procurement of spares from China as well as other materials which may need alternate sources and accordingly, support the Manager - Global sourcing to develop the RFP/RFI, sourcing strategies and supplier negotiation strategies for fulfilling such requirements.
- Execute the RFQ process for the above till finalisation of the vendor and its contractual term in line with company procedures including finalisation of terms and conditions in coordination with legal.
- Carry out analysis of supplier proposals, to differentiate between suppliers on proposed solution, commercial and legal terms and provide detailed analysis to stakeholders, to ensure they are aware of the advantages, risks and comparisons between suppliers to be able to make an informed decision. Order Management
- Prepare all functional reports, timely and accurately and meet Company requirements, policies and quality standards. Related Assignments ? Perform any other duties which the organisation may require to be carried out.
COMMUNICATION & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Needs to work closely with Manager - Global sourcing, Supply Chain teams at the Country/Corporate/ International level, Plant General Managers, ERP team, IMS team, Internal Auditors, Finance Team etc. External: Needs to build a rapport with suppliers, insurance companies, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
- An Engineering graduate preferably in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. Minimum Experience:
- 7-8 years' experience in sourcing, supplier management, and contract negotiations within the Power industry with being based in China and sourcing from China market with at least 3 years of sourcing from International markets as well. Skills:
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing Chinese and English language. ? Understanding of the SAP ERP system ? Knowledge of law/regulations and contracts
- Understanding of supply chain management process
- Sound planning and organising skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to develop relationships with vendors
- Ability to identify and implement improvements
- Excellent attention to detail
- Sound technical skills sufficient to understand the requirement of materials or services with a sourcing perspective.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and SharePoint Management.
- Ability to comprehend business and legal terms related to sourcing/contract matters.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to interact effectively with stakeholders and executives across business
- Experience in vendor management and vendor liaison
- Achievement Orientation
- Willing to work and deliver under pressure
- Strong orientation to ethics and compliance