Our client is a leading pipeline midstream company based in Calgary, Canada.
We are looking for a Cost Control Specialist to be assigned to projects of $1M - $100MM, some with varying levels of complexity.
- Expert understanding of best management practices for project control, forecasting and reporting proficient in the use of SAP
- Experience using ECOSys or comparable, project controls software is preferred
- Ability to design and implement processes for project cost control, identify gaps and correct where necessary
- Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- May lead functional teams or projects.
- Teaches project controls theory across functional areas in Maintenance Projects.
- Ability to give clear direction and support to Project Management personnel.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills/facilitation.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelors degree in financial discipline, engineering, or technical field.
- 7-10 years working experience, including 2+ years of relevant project experience.
- Completion of a Certified Cost Engineer (AACE's CCC/ CCE) or Project Management Professional credential (PMP) is preferred.