Our Client currently has a vacancy for an experienced HR Administrator to work from their office based in Inverness.
The main focus of the role will be to provide advice and guidance to managers, staff and candidates on recruitment related processes. The successful candidate will also be required to undertake a number of general HR administration tasks and provide general administrative support to the HR team.
Acting act as the main point of contact for all recruitment queries (from managers and candidates) and coordinating all recruitment activity, which will include:
- Maintaining Candidate Management System - providing advice and assistance to managers to manage their vacancies online, checking data, updating vacancy statuses etc.
- Undertaking recruitment advertising, placing adverts in press and online, including Company social media sites
- Acting as point of contact for any candidate queries during the recruitment and selection process
- Producing and issuing all offer letters (via CMS) and employee contracts
- Organising all pre-employment checks (including medicals, Disclosure and references) liaising with the vacancy manager, candidate and corporate Security department as required
- Countersigning Disclosure Scotland applications for new recruits and renewals for current employees. Maintaining tracker database of applications and administer invoices to ensure all employees have the necessary background checks
- Liaising with candidates and providing Line Manager with induction templates to ensure a smooth onboarding process for the new employees
- Ensuring all new starter paperwork is completed and relevant information provided to Payroll and benefits providers for processing
Responsible for the coordination of all HR administrative tasks:
- Maintaining and updating electronic and hard copy HR records containing all employment related information
- Administering leaver processes
- Processing staff changes, issuing variations to contracts of employment
- Providing information to and liaising with Payroll to ensure staff are paid correctly and on time
- Processing all maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental leave/parental leave applications
- Preparing reports on employee-related data to assist management
- Provide a pension administration service, liaising with external advisers
- Administering the Drug and Alcohol selector database and recording and reporting on results as required
- Recording sick absence and provide weekly reports to Managers
- Acting as first point of contact within the team and assist Line Managers and Employees with queries on terms and conditions, including annual leave, pay queries etc.
- Provision of support to the HR Director and HR Manager with the development and implementation of projects as required
- Raising purchase orders and administer invoices as required
- Providing general administration support to the HR department as required, including filing, telephone answering, scanning and photocopying etc.
- Previous experience in an HR Administration role
- Strong administration skills
- Understanding of recruitment and general HR policy and best practise
- Understanding of employment legislation
- Experience of working in a multi-site organisation
CIPD qualification (e.g. Certificate in Human Resources Practise) would be advantageous.
- Excellent team working skills as well as ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Strong focus on customer service
- Flexible and responsive approach
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- High level of confidentiality
This is a part-time role working 28 hours per week on a fixed-term basis.