Purpose of role:
Reporting to the UK Operations Manager, this role provides a professional engineering and construction management service in UK. The post holder leads projects and provides technical guidance ensuring the delivery of safe, reliable and compliant oil storage, pipelines and handling facilities in accordance with routine practice and regulatory standards for HSE.
The role requires the incumbent to deliver the following:
Management of multi-disciplined engineering projects covering oil storage, pipelines and handling facilities across the oil network in the UK, from small general aviation airfields, to regional airports and large international airports. That includes: liaising with airport authorities, producing feasibility studies, providing project budget and cost control, project planning and reporting, site surveys and environmental impact assessments, design, procurement, contractor selection and tendering, site supervision (incl. permit to work oversight), commissioning and operator training;
- Assurance that all projects are run in accordance with formal, stage-gated, Project Common Process and Capital Value Process from conception to handover to the operator;
- Assurance that all project works undertaken by contracted consultants and specialist are performed in accordance with Control of Work and Health and Safety Standards;
- Specific engineering support for the design, installation, operation and maintenance of mechanical systems, aviation fuelling equipment and fixed/mobile storage facilities in accordance with Air technical standards.
- Development of productive relationships with contractors, operations and maintenance personnel in order to achieve outcomes outlined in section 4.
- Being prepared to take the initiative with projects as they arise from initial project scoping through to completion.
Experience & Expertise
- Degree and / or professional qualification in a relevant technical / engineering field. (Chartered Engineer or equivalent experience preferred).
- Good Project Management Skills and demonstrable record of construction project delivery.
- Extensive onshore petrochemical experience in either onshore pipelines, aviation fuel or refineries.
- Self-motivated with strong performance bias.
- Able to travel and work from home or from multiple sites
- Able to build positive working relationships with team members, contractors, operational and management contacts.
- Management of multiple smaller projects and/or individual projects with a potential value in the order of $4m.
This is a home based contract position with extensive travel to various sites across the UK.