Operations Manager - Ready Mix
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Oversees and ensures Operational Excellence through efficient, timely and safe production process, delivery and placing of company's products.
- Demonstrates leadership and commitment to ensure health and Safety is given priority.
- Plans, organizes and controls production and operation assets according to plan and target productivity.
- Configures and determines human resources needed to meet desired production, delivery and customer service objectives
- Monitors and reviews performance of personnel and organize necessary intervention for improvement.
- Manages Raw Material Inventory according to sound demand and supply planning
- Works out, Improves and Implements Standard Operating procedures for Production, Delivery and Placing process.
- Conducts regular customer site inspections, meetings, review and develops customer focus approach to improve service level.
- Reviews and Analyses daily operation, and monthly reports.
- Reviews and analyses month end production key performance indicators and business results
- Ensures efficient collaboration with Commercial and Dispatch team to optimize our delivery and pumping equipment assets
- Ensures efficient collaboration with Plant Maintenance, Fleet Management and Procurement group regarding decisions on equipment use, maintenance, allocation, improvement, modification and acquisition
- Ensures compliance to required government and other local authorities' permits.
Occupational Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities
- Adheres & Complies with HSE policies, standards, procedures & work instructions.
- Responsible for communicating and implementing the requirements of the health and Safety Policy.
- Responsible for implementing the H&S Management System in area of responsibilities and ensuring, that it is documented, supported and reviewed for effectiveness
- Responsible and accountable for health and safety performance of their area.
- Develop measurable health and safety performance targets which are monitored on regular basis
- Eliminates or adopts controls to minimize the risks/impacts to an acceptable level, if any Occupational health, Safety & environment Hazards present in his areas of concern.
- Prepares and reviews department HSE objectives & statistics and submits to the management.
- Ensures that the employees in the department follow the company incident reporting systems.
- Near miss reporting system
- Hazard alert reporting system
- Accident reporting
- Health problems of employees
- Participates in HSE audits
- Participates and strongly supports various HSE initiatives and programs.
- Conducts incident investigations and makes sure that adequate follow up actions are taken to prevent the reoccurrence.
- Ensures adequate emergency preparedness.
RequirementsKnowledge of the cement/concrete production process.In depth knowledge of batch plant operationUnderstands internal and external customer requirements.Significant industry experience required, at least 5 years work experience in production / operations in Ready Mix, Aggregates and other Building Materials Business.A graduate degree in Civil engineering, Industrial Manufacturing and Construction ManagementProficient in EnglishArabic and Hindi would be beneficial