Deputy Engineering Manager
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
We are looking for a Deputy Engineering Manager to oversee all site engineering related activities and personnel in conjunction with the operations team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deputizes for UQ Engineering Manager in his absence.
- Plans and directs installation, maintenance, testing, and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Manages Site(s) critical parts inventory.
- Plans, coordinates, and directs engineering project, organizes and assigns staff, and directs integration of technical activities with products.
- Manages engineering personnel and ensures that all works are being conducted in accordance with site and company safety procedures and regulations.
- Manages all relevant information necessary to compile regular comprehensive reports for the engineering manager, highlighting areas of concern where necessary.
- Responsible for the Performance Management of all team members
- Responsible for company CMMS system (SAP) for respective site ensuring all users comply with agreed procedures.
- Manages site(s) budget in line with approved annual spend.
- Drives Engineering Department KPI's meeting benchmark criteria.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Ensures that all health and safety protocols are enforced and observed in all Company's activities in order to protect the employees and the public.
- Complies with all applicable laws and relevant industry standards of practice and commits to the continuous improvement of HSE management practices.
- Provides strong visible commitment, leadership and personal involvement in health, safety and the environment and makes available the resources necessary to achieve our HSE objectives.
- B.Sc./B.A. Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- Technical Qualification for ERP Systems
- Minimum of 10 years in Port Environment, Excellent Knowledge base on mobile port handling equipment, Past Management experience using CMMS (SAP), Project Management, KPI Management
- Very Good knowledge of the design and maintenance process
- Very Good Technical understanding of design and specification