Location: Kurdistan, Iraq
Rotation: 6 weeks on / 2 weeks off
Contract: 6 months contract (renewable)
Travel: Business Class flights
We are working with a leading Operator with assets in Kurdistan who are seeking a highly experienced Construction Manager to work in the field on a 6/2 rotation.
Working on behalf of the client, you will be responsible for the management of the EPC contractor in the execution of construction activities and timely execution for the Debottlenecking Project.
You will implement and monitor a constructability programme with the EPC contractor. Responsible for ensuring satisfactory levels of HSE performance from EPC Contractor with respect to construction activities at Site.
Duties Include but not limited to:
- Ensure construction schedules are consistent with Company overall Project requirements.
- Ensure that all tasks assigned by the Project Manager are completed on time and within budget.
- Actively participate in the EPC Contractor's HSE processes of construction hazard and identification, including risk analysis and mitigation and the development of appropriate construction methodologies.
- Attend internal / external Project reviews and other meetings, as necessary.
- Keep up to date with and adhere to Company and Project related procedures
- Be familiar with Company construction and safety issues.
- Produce construction and safety inputs/reports as required.
- When required assist EPC Contractor in its interface management with third parties and external interconnections.
- Liaise with procurement with respect to purchase orders/material requirements. Expedite status/reports from procurement and follow-up accordingly.
- Ensure construction works are performed to meet project schedules and that completed works are delivered safely and in a timely manner.
- Coordinate all communications and meeting with the EPC Contractor regarding construction requirements as they may arise.
- Liaise with Contracts personnel and coordinate changes that require schedule and/or cost input from start to finish so that an auditable trail is available.
- Attend internal progress and construction meetings as required with the EPC Contractor.
- Actively participate in audits of the EPC Contractor.
- Perform continuous risk analysis of the construction works.
To be considered you must be:
- At least 20 years' experience in construction of industrial facilities.
- At least 10 years' experience in petroleum processing facilities, refineries, petrochemicals and pipeline construction
- At least 5 years working in a non-native country with a language different to your native one.
- Demonstrated 3 years' experience in working in a hardship environment
- Iraq/Kurdistan experience is highly desirable
- Salary TBC
- Rotation is 6 weeks on / 2 weeks
- Accommodation provided
- Business class flights to/from site provided
To be considered please send your CV immediately. Due to an expected high number of applications, only suitable candidates will be contacted and considered.