Our client based in Dalkeith is looking to recruit a Facilities Maintenance Operative on a permanent basis to join their growing business in a newly created role.
About the role:
- Responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. (e.g. carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing, painting etc.); Perform general cleaning.
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations using a pre? established check sheet.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, refrigerators, evaporative coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.).
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, parking lots, and other work areas.
- Order parts and maintain required documents.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Experience in facility maintenance
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and joinery is a plus
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Ability to meet or exceed the company’s attendance and punctuality standards.
- Ability to use common tools.
- Ability to understand and follow directions as given.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Use miscellaneous office equipment (e.g. computers, FAX machines, copiers, etc.)
What’s in it for you?
- A fantastic opportunity to join a growing company
- Attractive salary and benefits
- A newly created role to make your own