We are delighted to be working with a well-established UK Engineering consultancy, which are now looking for a Principal Civil Design Engineer. Reporting to the Regional Director, you will be responsible for overseeing a team of Civil Engineers and ensuring the timely delivery of project across Scotland.
This is a very exciting time for our Glasgow based client...due to continued expansion and with a pipeline of major projects; they are looking to strengthen the civils team significantly. The business relies on its staff to be the driving force behind these projects and they are looking for very like-minded people to help develop this growth. They are flexible in terms of the type of candidates they will consider…they are happy to look at someone either on a staff basis or as a contractor (with the view of potentially reverting to permanent further down the line).
As an individual, you will possess an excellent track record in delivering projects efficiently and on time, along with exceptional technical ability to ensure the design of project meets all client expectations. For this role, we are looking for a Chartered Engineer and experience of delivering detailed design in some of the following areas - earthworks, drainage, rail, highways.
- up to date CPD records with a focus on the latest technological advances
- Experience of working in a BIM environment
- AutoCAD & Civil 3D literate (ability to produce Civil 3D models would be advantageous)
- Proficient in the use drainage design software (eg WinDES) would be advantageous
- Knowledge of civil engineering codes of practice, British Standards and Eurocodes
- Knowledge of statutory approvals
- Understanding of the planning process
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously
- effective project planning
- reporting on project/team budgets
- Excellent communication skills
- Commercially astute
- Client liaison & representing company at meetings
- able to visit sites to identify issues and solve problems
- first point of contact for clients
If you feel you have the right skillset and wish to be considered for the role, please apply with the latest version of your CV please.