Our client, a leading EPC company, are currently recruiting for a Senior Instrument and Control Engineer to join them for an initial 12 month contract. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out assigned tasks, and produce deliverables competently and effectively, within time and budget constraints, such that all stated project objectives are satisfied. Plans and manages his own workload
- Review and approve assigned deliverables produced by other members of the discipline team.
- Observe and comply with all relevant HS&E requirements for the assigned project or projects.
- Collaborate and co-ordinate with other engineers, designers and technical personnel (within his own discipline and with those from other disciplines) in the execution of the project.
- Assist, guide or mentor (as appropriate, in co-ordination with the Lead and Chief Engineers) less experienced team members to develop their technical and project skills.
- Perform work in accordance with applicable project requirements, codes and standards.
- Assist the Lead Engineer to manage change within the project by advising him / her promptly of anything that varies the project scope, budget or schedule.
- Assist the Lead Engineer with preparation of cost, time and resource requirement estimates for nominated projects, scope changes or proposals.
- Provide timely and accurate discipline progress and forecasting data to the lead engineer as requested.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Experienced in brownfield hydrocarbons EPC or EPCM environment
- Bachelor of Engineering degree from a recognised university
- Experienced in the specification, testing, certification and operation of instrumentation for installation in hazardous areas on offshore production oil and gas facilities
- Have specific knowledge of Australian and / or European hazardous area standards
- Experienced in the specification and purchase of pressure, temperature, level, flow and analytical measurement instrumentation as appropriate for applications in oil and gas facilities
- Experienced in the sizing and selection of control valves and relief valves and the design, specification and testing of shutdown and blowdown valves.