- Monitors contractors' safety performance on site as to conformance to the Contractor and COMPANY's SHE plans and procedures.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Monitors contractors' safety performance on site as to conformance to the Contractor and COMPANY's SHE plans and procedures, and project objectives;
- Monitors project adherence to applicable rules, regulations, procedures and safe working practices;
- Participates in pre-task planning I Method Statements and reviews of JHAs for site activities;
- Reviews accident I incident investigations and contractor incident reports for completeness;
- Performs safety walk-throughs I inspections of facilities and work areas and submits findings with recommendations on improvement and work practices;
- Provides technical advice on SHE issues or queries and provides advice and assistance aimed at emphasizing safe behaviours, increasing safety awareness, and reducing incident;
- Monitors contractor compliance to applicable Permit to Work Systems;
- Assists Contractors in meeting SHE expectations as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Good written and verbal skills;
- Ability to communicate with personnel at all levels of the project. Conversant with codes and standards of practice relevant to SHE;
- Minimum of ten (10) years broad experience in Oil and Gas safety;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Safety Officer on major projects.
What we offer
Contract Duration: Contract Hire
Tentative Start Date: March 2018
Work Location: Qatar
Sunday, February 18, 2018