Responsibilities & Position Overview
The Facility Project Manager (FPM) has delivery responsibility towards the Project Integration Manager for all defined scope in the facility project mandate. The FPM is responsible for the overall facility deliveries in the project. The FPM has the responsibility to follow-up all deliveries from established alliances as well as other supplier contracts established outside the alliances. The FPM shall liaise with other BU’s in the project to secure a seamless overall project delivery.
In the base organization, the FPM reports to VP Projects.
The FPM is responsible for the overall facility delivery in the project. The FPM is responsible for implementing all necessary procedures and processes to ensure that the project is delivered according to the Project Mandate
- Lead by example in HSE, Quality and open communication with team and Contractors.
- Lead the project team through company decision gates, into execution phase and close-out.
- Commit Project and Alliances Management Teams to establish project strategies, philosophies and procedures to successfully execute the construction activities related to subsea installations, ensuring that corporate guidelines, shareholder expectations and project HS&E policies are reflected.
- Responsible for delivering Facility scope to the required Specifications and ready for Operations.
- Responsible for all facility Risk analysis, HAZID/HAZOP activities and to give input to overall project risk.
- Maintain site-reporting systems as appropriate and provide input to the management reports.
- Responsible for adoption of Lessons Learned into the project.
- Follow up, review and report according to determined reporting structure and schedule to Project Integration Manager and weekly update reporting to VP Projects.
- Maintain awareness of, and promote, project goals in respect of HS&E, budget, QA, Schedule, and Technical Integrity, including Participation in regular audit activities.
- Monthly status reporting
- MSc, BSc similar recognized engineering degree
- Min. 7 years experience from oil & gas field development projects
- Good appreciation of multiple engineering disciplines
- Commercial mindset
- Sound understanding of the project Stage-Gate delivery systems
- Understanding of all project phases, concept engineering through detailed design, fabrication and commissioning
- Good coordination, project management and interface management skills
- Pragmatic, innovative and creative - able to create value by identifying and driving alternative approaches, appropriate to existing facilities
- Ability to operate on multiple levels and take a hands on approach
- Good social behaviour and communication skills
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills, good report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to work collaboratively across discipline boundaries
- Additional commercial education is an advantage