|Location:||Runcorn, Cheshire, England|
|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
Our client, a leading international industrial services provider, are urgently recruiting for a Legal Counsel to be based in Cheshire on a permanent basis.
The Legal Counsel is responsible for all operational UK legal matters. Tasks further comprise of certain corporate and strategic legal advice and development of region specific requirements for the legal function and monitoring their effective implementation. The area of responsibility has a particular focus on contract law.
· Proactive advisory on all relevant legal operational issues and anticipation of future legal developments with relevance for the business of the Division
· Legal Risk Management
· Contribution to the achievement of business goals in compliance with all applicable law and to the prevention of sanctions and reputational damages through early identification of legal risks
· Development of a Division-specific strategy and alignment of legal advice and design of the legal function
· Manages critical contractual relationships and negotiations with customers and suppliers as well as other legal or claim proceedings
· Contract review and Legal support in tender procedures for risk-mitigation
· Manages litigation and arbitration cases including managing of external law-firms and experts and advises on the proper accounting of such cases
· Assures advisory quality and cost efficiency by targeted selection and management of qualified external attorneys
· Provides legal trainings and develops legal training schedules for the management and employees within the Division
· Cooperates closely with Group Compliance and supports the Division in all compliance-related legal matters
· Reviews regularly the quality of collaboration with external law firms and proposes targeted improvements through appropriate panels, framework agreements, use of legal spend & matter software etc.
· Prepares reports and statistics on the effectiveness of legal support for the division/region according to pre-defined KPIs (e.g. number of contracts, M&A projects supported, budget for external experts etc.) legal disputes and on the provisions for arbitration and litigation cases
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Fully qualified lawyer with UK bar admission (English and/or Scottish law) and professional experience (PQE and including work experience with an international law firm).
· Operational experience in the legal function of an industry corporation especially in commercial law matters, negotiations, contractual design as well as project management in legal transactions (including NEC3 and other model contracts)
· Assertive person of trust with role model character and a high degree of integrity; strong advisory expertise and personal initiative
· Very good oral and written command of English
To apply or for further information, please submit CV applications.