Our client, a global chemical manufacturer, is currently looking for a Chartered Senior Process Engineer for a 12 month contract position based in West Yorkshire. The main purpose of this role is to provide Process Engineering to deliver a large plant capacity increase project.
We can only accept applications from candidates that are currently Chartered.
- Ensure all work satisfies the requirements of company and national regulatory standards.
- Responsible for the development and design data for capital projects.
- 1 - 3 month planning horizon on disparate activities (concurrent).
- Plan and control / carry out development and design work and process and equipment trials in order to meet business targets.
- Participate in the commissioning of new or modified plants, taking part in technical start- up teams, to ensure that design intent is met and production is established safely and effectively.
- Manage activities in compliance with site, company and regulatory requirements, e.g. SIs, HSE policy and standards, COMAH (Health and Safety Executive), PPC (SEPA) etc
Knowledge Skills & Experience:
- Chartered Engineer
- BSc or MSc in chemical engineer
- Experience in a Bulk chemical manufactoring environemnt
- Working knowledge of SHE standards (to include risk assessments (HazOp/HAZAN), design and definition of relief streams, SIL/SIS, LOPA, ATEX, DSEAR etc)
- A thorough and practical knowledge of Process Technology Skills.
- Communication - ability to judge when and who to communicate key information.
- Problem solving: ability to analyse complex and diverse problem situations creatively leading to the generation and implementation of original solutions.
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to break down problems, analyse data and produce solutions
- Innovation: Generating original and imaginative ideas and solutions to problems
- Ability to learn: Quickly understanding and applying information, concepts and strategies
- Interpersonal Skills: Accommodating the interests and concerns of others in effective working
- Rational Persuasion: Building persuasive arguments based on data and logical thinking
- Results Orientation: Focusing attention on the achievement of desired results
- Critical Information Seeking: Gathering information critical to effective problem solving