Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £30-45k + package
Your new employer is a well-established house builder who are urgently seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their Commercial team in Cardiff.
The role will predominantly be site based with some working required from the Regional Office in Cardiff.
You will be providing effective commercial management and control of projects, in line with relevant statutory legislation.
The role will be varied and deadline driven, so excellent organisational and time management skills are essential.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Commercial management of projects to ensure they are completed within budget
- Create systems and processes, allowing effective measurement of commercial performance
- Provide accurate, real time, monthly reports (Cost Value Reconciliations) and final outcome forecasts
- Carry out tender analysis, sub-contractor procurement including management and payment of sub-contractor accounts
- Attend and provide cost input at design team meetings and agree strategies to deliver the project
- Value engineer projects and suggest delivery solutions to ensure cost effective project delivery
- Provide financial information to the team as required to assist in financial planning
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5 Years experience
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or similar commercial related course
- Good data interrogation skills
- Line Management experience desirable
- Commercial Awareness with good legal/contractual knowledge desirable
- Experience of Management accounts desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft office pparticularly Excel, Access and keen to extend knowledge on software packages
- Commercial contracting experience
- Competent in use of standard methods of measurement
- Previous experience in construction or similar sector
- Valid driving licence
- CSCS card at appropriate level
The successful candidate will be highly organised with excellent communication skills, thrives on working to deadlines and is a self-motivated professional with a demonstrable track record within the house building industry.
- £30-45k salary
- £5.5k car allowance
- 26 days holiday
This is an urgent requirement and my client are looking to arrange immediate interviews. Please reply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment