|Location:||South Carolina, United States|
|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
We currently seek a high caliber Engineering Technician / Drafter for a contract to hire position within our client's team of experienced professionals. Based in Duncan, SC, the primary responsibility will be to support the Engineering department with the design, development, and launch of new products.
Working with an inventory of around 3000 parts, will update drawings in SolidWorks
Creating new drawings per the specifications provided by the engineering teams.
Assist with the fabrication and testing of products and the set-up of new part numbers.
Other duties as assigned
· Prefer Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Engineering Graphics or equivalent.
· Proficient in the use of SolidWorks software for mechanical design
· A working knowledge of AutoCad software would be a plus
· 2 to 10 years of mechanical drafting work experience
· Basic understanding of fabrication methods, such as casting, machining and welding
· Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and instructions
· Self-directed with a strong attention to detail
· Good written and verbal communication skills
Other software: Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook
Background check and drug screen required.