- The primary role of the construction engineer will be to provide Engineering and commissioning support to the construction team on site in Chad, Africa
- Work closely with the construction management team and associated contractors on site to ensure a concise understanding of all engineering packages, project specifications and standards.
- Work with the London project team to provide feedback into ongoing design work to optimize designs with field design input.
- Review requests for information (RFI's) from the various contractors on site, answer RFI's as required and work with third party EPCM contractors to answer outstanding RFI's. Issue engineering site instruction as required.
- Assist the local materials manager with queries on technical materials received at site.
- Manage the technical aspects of the project change management system.
- Work with the construction team to maintain accurate and current engineering packages on site.
- Develop or validate construction estimates for all new implementation work scopes
- Accurately monitor and validate development progress (% updates) prior to submission to Site Construction Supt (SCS)
- Provide technical support to operations during the all construction and commissioning phases to assist with the technical handover of the facilities and related equipment.
- Assist in the development of pre-commissioning and commissioning documents as required per project.
- Work with the various contractors on site during the pre-commissioning and commissioning phases to ensure completeness prior to handover.
- Understand the authority and approvals levels delegated within the project (both technical and financial) and ensuring awareness within the PMT.
- Assist with the technical input and development of project related work orders and contracts generated at the site level.
- Help to implement a system of high quality contract administration with suitable checks and balances.
- Commit to excellent Quality management, including: helping to implement a Quality Management Strategy compliant with Company Standards; approval of a Quality Plan to implement the Quality Management Strategy, complete with a quality assurance audit schedule; ensuring that a Quality Exhibit is included in all contracts; follow-up and close out of all Quality audit non-conformances.
- Monitoring contractor and supplier performance and acting quickly on under performance. Other duties as needed
- Attend Construction management progress and planning meetings
- Attend HAZID's / HAZOP's (As required)
- Demonstrate commitment to excellent HSE performance in all aspects of the work.
- Lead by example by strictly adhering to all HSE policies and procedures.
- Ensure all design work meets or exceeds our clients HSE standards or equivalent international standards.
- Shall attend regular Safety, Health and Environmental awareness training provided by the company which will help meet the above requirements.
The prospect here will be assigned to one of the world's leading integrated producers and marketers of commodities. The oil and gas, E&P HQ is in Central London where they manage upstream investments in oil production. The business has operated and non-operated interests across Sub- Saharan Africa.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required, extensive oil and gas (preferably onshore / overseas)
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in project engineering with previous projects experience in a site based role.
- Demonstrate past experience interfacing with construction personnel to plan and execute project deliverables.
- Team player with the ability to grow within a growing E&P Company
- Ability to manage scope of work and liaise successfully with contractors and nationals as needed
- Preference will be given to candidates that have worked previously in Africa or the Middle East
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.