915107 - Operations Manager
We are currently working with our client to recruit an Operations Manager for a permanent position based in Inverness.
Main purpose of the role:
- Focus on close and contact interaction with your client base to ensure successful delivery of Facilities Management, Commercial Servicing, and Maintenance & Repairs to achieve the highest standards in customer satisfaction
- Work closely with Divisional Heads and Operations Teams to ensure customer deliverables are met and achieved
- Manage the allocated engineer teams to deliver planned maintenance, reactive works and projects on time, on budget and to the company's quality requirements, ensuring the highest standards in health & safety, operations processes, legislative and client specification compliance are achieved
- Where requested, assist the Business Development / Bid team with technical surveys, assessments of costs, bids and proposals for prospective opportunities.
- Prepare and regularly update maintenance schedules and plans in agreement with clients that meet the overall objectives of the business to ensure resource is not over committed at any particular period.
- Provide regular condition status reports to clients and, where and when appropriate, make recommendations for capital investment to ensure continuity of their operations and involve projects personnel to provide solutions for plant and equipment replacement.
- Plan, schedule, requisition materials, assess workload to agreed regular reporting periods to achieve output and on time delivery targets cost effectively and that the necessary manpower, competence, skill, knowledge, plant, tooling, materials and any other resources are available to achieve targets.
- Comply with all legislative requirements and health & safety obligations covering risk assessments and method statements, COSHH analysis, quality control and operational processes including regular housekeeping and maintenance regimes are all documented and followed to effect a safe working environment.
- Actively engage to achieve continuous improvement without risk to compliance and health & safety and quality.
- Supervise allocated teams and projects and/or clients in accordance with the Company's Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Promote on time attendance & completion, right first time and zero defects/return visits as the expected standard and quality of service.
- Ensure you understand and are fully conversant with each allocated project and/or client individual contractual obligations and ensure performances are not compromised as a result of contractual non-compliance.
- Supervise the various allocated maintenance teams to ensure the necessary planning, scheduling, material requisitioning and workload assessments are regularly updated to achieve and/or exceed planned output and on time delivery targets cost effectively.
- Resolve resource conflicts arising from genuine emergency calls that impact upon planned operations and ensure communication with clients and agreed re-planning is actively enforced.
- Integrate operational requirements with supply chain management of vendors.
- Influence selection of equipment and materials to re-engineer compliant but cost effective solutions that align to our supply chain agreements.
- Regularly report in accordance with Key Performance Indicators.
- Carry out surveys at clients' requests to establish condition and provide reports in accordance with clients' expectations.
- Provide quotes and bids in accordance with standard costing methods.
- Deliver presentations and proposals.
- Negotiate and close bids with client's that meets the objectives of the business.
- Lead, train, coach and mentor personnel including conducting annual reviews, provide training and development, promote best practice, performance standards and performance management.
- Develop and build relationships with clients, attend meetings and reviews with key clients as part of the business teams to review performance and agree continuous improvement.
- Assist with and provide information for forecasting and budgeting.
- Contribute towards the achievement of the company's operational targets and overall business aspirations.
- Ensure operational compliance with the Company's Integrated Management System (IMS).
The above does not represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities and tasks but indicates the main responsibilities required.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years operational management experience
- FM, commercial maintenance, servicing & repairs management and successful delivery.
- Proven experience of managing teams or a department.
- Understanding of and experience of operating SFG20.
- Track record in driving operational improvement.
- Hands on, make things happen approach.
- Excellent level of communication skills and customer interaction.
- Project planning skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Good judgement and decision making skills.
- Experience of dealing with multiple teams/sites.
- Technical knowledge and competency in either mechanical or electrical services with willingness to develop weakest capability. .
- Competent in use of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Publisher, etc.
This is a permanent position
The salary for this position is negotiable