Supply Chain Manager
Salary - competitive
Location - Dalgety Bay, Fife
Our client a leading engineering manufacturer are seeking to appoint an experienced Supply Chain Manager with strong ERP exposure to manage their Purchasing, Material Planning and Material Managements functions.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Degree Qualified in Business or Science (or equivalent experience);
- Relevant Supply Chain and/or Sales and Operations Planning experience;
- Operating within a business matrix environment;
- Effective communication and analytical skills are essential.
Critical personal skills expected for this role are:-
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally to achieve results
- Having a clear vision to challenge the status quo and the passion to drive the strategy
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to new ideas and approaches
- Strong customer focus, both internal and external
- Able to accept ownership and accountability for all supply chain tasks
- Proven ability to analyse and interpret Planning information
- Leading and Supervising
- Persuading and Influencing
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Data Analysis
- Planning and Organising
- Adapting and Responding to Change
The role covers 3 key areas of our supply chain management and will report to the Operations Manager
Purchasing - To ensure that all purchasing contracts, service level agreements and supplier based relationships are robust and implement effective and efficient purchasing policies and procedures.
Material Planning - To ensure that the purchase of all supplies and services are managed to deliver best value and cost savings wherever possible.
Material Management - Responsibility for all aspects of material management, handling and control within the various business departments.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage suppliers to ensure on-time delivery, quality, quantity and cost of material
- Plan material deliveries to support production schedule
- Establish an efficient in-house inventory management and distribution process responsible for inventory integrity
- Develop all employees within the Purchasing Department to ensure they achieve personal, department and company goals
- Manage the purchasing function in collaboration with finance, planning, sales and operations functions to meet the business performance objectives
- Ensure the team liaise with vendors on a regular basis to identify any potential issues and ensure capacity is available to meet demand
- Participate in group global initiatives through the implementation of agreed strategies, projects and objectives
- Lead the Continuous Improvement agenda in Material Control - deliver plans that reduce lead-times and increase efficiency balancing cost, inventory and service
- Contributing to all budgeting, forecasting and sales reporting activities
- Ensuring that Standard Costs are maintained and updated to ensure accurate cost list-price listing
- Manage and report on key category spend such as steel, hydraulics, transport etc and develop and delivery on strategy to manage cost downs in each of these areas
- Involvement in any capital investments