Our client in Trafford, Manchester is urgently seeking an IT Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. The role will be based at their UK HQ and will be paid between £40 - 50k dependent upon skills and experience.
Our client is seeking a talented and committed IT Manager to perform a key role in the management and overseeing of a busy IT team. The role requires an experienced IT Manager who has great IT skills combined with a good head for business. Proven confidence in decision making is a must, as is the ability to prioritise work while being flexible enough to adapt plans, as required.
The IT function produces and manages bespoke software for the business on a day-to-day operational basis.
- Advise the business on where IT might make a difference to Company performance and service delivery.
- Advise on technology, design, development and implementation of new and existing systems.
- Review projects to ensure the planning, justification and evaluation meets design specification.
- Work within an IT team to ensure new systems and developments are completed on time and to budget.
- Ensure that there is a smooth change over from old IT systems to newly developed ones.
- Develop using the companys current development technologies and platforms VB.Net, SQL server, Android development
- Investigate and ensure fixes are delivered to system problems that occur.
- Organise system training and system support for end users.
- Ability to communicate with all stake holders and gather requirements
- Easily approachable and friendly in nature.
- Opportunity to develop Technical skill.
- Proficient use of the VB.net programming language 2008/2010/2013
- Proficient use of SQL Server Scripting
- Experience in writing stored procedures within MS SQL Server
- Developed Tables/Views within MS SQL Server
- Deployment of software via the Click-once system
- Calm and able to focus when in a pressure situation.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Educated to a degree standard in an IT based subject or a business degree with a technical element such as maths or engineering.
- Several years of relevant IT management experience.
- Extensive Project Management experience.
- Experience with Logistics/Warehousing/Barcoding/Sales Order processing/Accounting
- Android development
- Consumption of internal and third-party web services
- Use of Excel/VB scripting
- Understanding and use of XML, HTML5, ASP.NET, Webforms (C# or VB.net) & CSS3.
- Experience in using PHP language (PHP5 and above)
- Development and Consumption of web services
This role is an urgent position, so please apply now for an immediate repsonse.