|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
Our client has an opportunity for a Strutural Project Engineer - Building Systems on a permanent basis in Cambridge, ON.
The Structural Project Engineer, Building Systems provides technical leadership and design solutions on Building Systems projects. Most design activities undertaken will focus on steel building structural/architectural systems (i.e. steel framing and building envelope), but knowledge of other engineering discipline activities related to occupied building systems (e.g. life safety, plumbing, HVAC, lighting) is also required. The position will involve the application of engineering knowledge in both the design and construction stages of Innovas projects.
-Establish building system engineering project design requirements from client drawings and specifications
-Work within a multi-disciplinary project team to understand project constraints and help develop building design solutions from initial concept through to detailing for construction.
-Review the work of design engineers, design technologists, consultants and suppliers undertaking the building design.
-Conduct site inspections with the permitting authorities as required, through each phase of construction.
-Uphold Professional Engineers? Code of Ethics, as applicable to the jurisdiction in which a project is located.
-Coordinate structural design with other architecture and engineering disciplines, as required.
-Review internal drawings that have a customer or vendor interface.
-Review and implement all standard Engineering Specifications as applicable to the product.
- Conduct on-site inspections and troubleshooting investigations as required
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Structural Engineering
- (Eligible for) Professional Engineer registration in USA or preferably at least one province Alberta and/or Ontario in Canada.
- Minimum 7 years experience in projects involving steel building systems design and construction
- Proficiency in structural steel design and analysis using STAAD, Mathcad and spreadsheet-based calculations, and hand calculations
- Working knowledge of the International Building Code, specifically within the following areas:
- Building Use and Occupancy Classification
- Means of Egress
- Building Envelope
- Adequate Lighting and Ventilation
- Energy Conservation
- Life Safety
- Proven technical report writing skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office 2010-16 and Autodesk software products
Thank you for your interest in this position, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.