A Civil & Building contractor with over 25 years experience, predominately from the public is seeking a Leading Hand to assist with the construction of a regional solar farm project in Dubbo. Commencing immediately for a 3 month contract that will extend to a project based in Griffith after.
Shape the future of the renewable energy market, offering competitive rates with a generous living away from home allowance for non-residents of Dubbo/Griffith. This position may also lead to permanency for the right individual.
This main contractor is required to manage to full scope of the solar project from design, which includes site planning and construction management support through to construction completion.
Reporting to the construction manager, you will be responsible for the following responsibilities:
- Driving productivity from subcontractors to ensure delivery times frames are met
- Ensuring site is left in an acceptable manner
- Managing deliveries
- Induction and site familiarity with new employees and subcontractors
- Quality assurance of subcontractor work
- Reporting and escalating site based issues and progress reports to senior management.
- Minimum 1 years Civil or Construction Leading Hand experience
- Willingness to assist trades with labor duties
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Positive solution orientated approach