Job Title - Materials Coordinator
Employee Type - Permanent, Non- exempt
Location - Beaumont, TX
We are a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. In exclusive partnership with Natgasoline, a growing Petrochemicals Operator, has a permanent opportunity for a Materials Coordinator to support a megamethanol facility in Beaumont, TX.
The role of the Material Coordinator is to coordinate the materials and supply warehousing and inventory control operation. The Material Coordinator will report to the Material Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and competencies.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Routes items to specific departments and is responsible for getting the appropriate authorization signature.
- Operate tier-lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, and routes.
- Confer or correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
- Provide various reports as needed.
- Present a professional image at all times to clients and vendors and maintain a positive reputation of the company.
- Follow all relevant company policies and procedures.
- Assists other Departments and other administrative personnel as necessary.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This job may require exposure in the field.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Physical Requirements - Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position, office core hours or as required. Occasional on call evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel may be expected as the needs arise.
Required Education and Experience
Education High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years experience in material handling.
- Training and experience equivalent to three years of full-time employment in warehousing and materials management, or a closely related field. Some experience with a computerized inventory control system, or a combination of education and experience;
- Proficiency in the use of programs such as: MS Office programs, MS Project, Maximo;
- High level of HSE awareness.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Customer service experience and certification in materials management, inventory control, purchasing, or related areas is highly desirable.
- Forklift certification
- Possess strong interpersonal skills in dealing with customers, employees and others both inside and outside the company;
- Knowledge of: modern materials management and purchasing principles and practices; business-based customer service and vendor relations; accounting and recordkeeping requirements of inventory control and warehousing operations; inventory control principles and practices; computerized inventory control system operations; warehousing and materials storage safety practices, procedures, and equipment;
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports concerning materials warehouse activities;
- Ability to participate in the long-range planning process as it affects the materials and supply activities;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with facility employees, vendors, and suppliers;
- Strong communication skills;
- Self-starter with ability to work strategically with minimal direction;
- Driven to meet and exceed performance parameters;
- Strong attention to details;
- Able to remain calm and effective in emergencies;
- Able to communicate fluently in English
- Strong use of Microsoft software and able to use computers