Area Director of Project Controls (AEA)
Function: Project Management & Controls (PMC)
Location: Mexico (Altamira or Mexico City)
Employee Type: Full- Time, Permanent (Non- Expat)
We are a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Industry. Our client, a globally renowned Engineering and Construction Company, is seeking an Area Director of Project Controls for a permanent position to be based in Mexico.
The Area Director of Project Controls provides functional management and leadership to all project control disciplines (Project Control Managers, Planning, Cost Control, Contracts Management, Risk Management and Document Control) within a specific region. The experienced professional in this role must have strong organization and interpersonal relationship skills. Project Controls is part of the Project Management and Controls function (PMC). The role has an operating reporting line to the Area Director of Projects and Operations and a functional reporting line to the Global Director of Project Controls within PMC. This position will work with all business functions to include Commercial, Engineering, Fabrication, Marine, Finance and Supply Chain to achieved desired results.
- Provides oversight and ensures follow through of Area and functional strategies and goals.
- Ensures oversight and adherence to all PMC procedures and processes, with regular audits to ensure compliance.
- Provides input to project execution plan, baseline and control budgets on key projects.
- Reviews bids, checks estimates, change orders and cost-to-complete estimates for key projects.
- Facilitates and conducts monthly project reviews with Area management and periodic deep dive reviews of forecasts of major projects.
- Ensures the change control process is executed on all projects.
- Coordinates and reviews the plans and schedules for key (new or existing) projects.
- Provides oversight of execution strategy changes on key projects.
- Assigns Projects Controls staff to Projects and other internal customers to meet execution demands.
- Provides oversight of on-going staff development and training.
- Bachelors degree from accredited college or university (preferred).
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Project Controls or Project Management.
- Experience in leading project controls functions working for an Offshore EPCI company.
- Functional experience is required in relevant disciplines such as Project Controls Manager, Cost Control, Panning, Risk Management, and Contracts Management.
- Working knowledge of Primavera and Risk software.
- Solid knowledge of project controls systems within oil & gas industry construction.
- Ability to work within a matrix organization.
- Spanish speaker REQUIRED
- Working knowledge of Mexico NOCs is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.