Role: Principal Electrical Engineer
Location: Hersham, UK
Contract: 12 months
Our client is a leading organisation that has an opportunity to work a long-term contract in their European Engineering Operations Department for a Principal Electrical Contract Engineer, to be based in Hersham.
- Providing technical guidance and support to electrical engineers, designers, technicians and contractors
- Commissioning and installation of company equipment
- Working on electrical equipment including electrical protection relays, low voltage and high voltage distribution systems, large induction and synchronous motors and generators
- Carrying out plant electrical load studies, motor starting studies, fault level calculations, protection and arc-flash studies
- Providing trouble shooting assistance to field electrical engineers from remote
- Reporting to the European Electrical Manager Production
- To provide electrical engineering functions for various projects for the company throughout Europe (including equipment design, engineering and requisition, FAT and installation & commissioning supervision)
- Adherence to the necessary electrical safety and technical standards
- To ensure compliance in all aspects of the job with the requirements of the clients' EH&S and the local HSE safety systems.
- Site supervision of contractors for operations projects and plant modifications, including also site support in construction, commissioning and final plant start-up.
Essential qualifications / experience required:
- Good team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Can demonstrate a good level of practical and theoretical knowledge including, detailed technical understanding and practical knowledge of following systems in: MV and LV induction & synchronous motors, MV and LV switchgears incl. protection and control, Variable speed drive and soft start systems, Power and distribution transformers, Instrument power distribution with uninterruptible power supply systems
- Experience is a must in following areas associated with electrical systems of process plants: Engineering & Design, Protection and arc-flash studies with SKM/PTW, Planning and scheduling, Interfaces with external personnel including clients, vendors and supply authorities, Technical report writing
- Degree qualified- Preferable
- Experience in the Industrial gases industry
- Experience in any of the following would also be desirable to the client- Basic engineering, Detail engineering, Equipment Design & Requisition, Operations