We are a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a well-known operator company, is currently seeking an Instrument/Electrical Planner for an 18 month contract role based in a Sarnia, Ontario working on a refinery.
- Produce cost estimates as required
- Identify material needs
- Produce job packs
- Facilitate planning meetings as required
- Define scope of work for contract services
- Develop standard plans and maintain library
Safety Equipment Required
- Green Triangle CSA approved steel toe cap boots (minimum 6" ankle support)
- Work clothing suitable for industrial environment
Experience and knowledge required
- Maintenance and/or Project experience in a multi-discipline working environment.
- Field craft experience or equivalent
- Awareness of live plant work constraints
- Knowledge of planning process, procedures and tools.
- Working knowledge of SAP or other interim computerized planning systems and software
- Understanding of and stewards all the key processes that support maintenance
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to understand and react with diverse groups and operations.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Credibility to set high standards and promote continuous improvement for the corporation.
- Structured, organized and methodical detail orientated.
- Planning aptitude - the ability to optimize work and break it down into logical detailed steps.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Adaptability and initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment which expects the highest levels of customer services, confidentiality and ethical behavior.
- Teamwork skills and behaviors, which support team based behaviors.