We are currently seeking a Nuclear Design Engineer in Power Electricity, to join one of their reputable clients who operate as a leading Global provider of Electricity, Natural Gas and Energy Services. This is a fantastic opportunity for driven, ambitious and motivated Engineers looking to grow within a business who promote positive change and growth across Energy markets.
Your responsibilities will be inclusive of, but not limited to:
- Managing the various aspects relating to electrical power for construction or renovation projects at nuclear power stations, for nuclear and conventional electrical systems. In addition, you must be able to take on the following tasks :
- Take charge of design, renovation and optimization studies for electrical systems, in compliance with local and international standards and regulations;
- Set out the ratings of equipment, technical specifications and the general design of electrical systems, including generators, generator protections, generator breakers, power transformers, MV and LV motors, AC and DC electrical boards, DC and Safe AC systems, emergency diesel generating sets, cabling,...
- As Contract Owner take charge of the invitations to tender, the analysis and technical-commercial negotiation of bids as well as the awarding of contracts for the supply of electrical equipment or services;
- Oversee the management of interfaces relating to other technical disciplines or with the customer's installation;
- Conduct a technical-commercial follow-up of contracts;
- Take part in factory tests, in the supervision of on-site assembly and in commissioning tests for electrical equipment or systems;
- Provide consulting in the field of electrical systems of nuclear generation units;
- Keep an eye on changes on the market, best practices as well as advances in electrical/ nuclear standards and regulatory requirements;
- Participate in the improvement of methods used in the electrical engineering field for nuclear generation units.
- Master of electrical or electromechanical engineering with a few years experience in the field of nuclear power generation;
- An interest in the analysis and research of solutions to a variety of technical problems in the area of electrical power systems;
- You have proficient knowledge of French and a good grasp of Dutch and English;
- You are mobile and open to travelling to support projects abroad (short or medium- term).
If you're keen to join an organisation where you can contribute your ideas and best practice to enable positive growth on a larger scale, then this opportunity is absolutely for you.